Snowshoeing in the world's best snow

I went snowshoeing with some friends this past Saturday. We estimated we were walking on at least 4 or 5 feet of snow at the lowest point. We hiked in between two mountains and circled back along a ridge. In the pictures below we'll start from the top to bottom. In the first picture you can see I am eating some beef jerky. You can also see that our tracks disappear and then reappear in the upper left portion of the picture. We hiked up quite a steep slope. The picture with me face first in the snow is when my snowshoe sunk a couple of feet in the snow and got caught on a buried tree branch and I ended in the pictured position! The top of the snow in spots was thick and icey enough that I could cut out a piece and hold it up. Its quite fun to through at people! The piece pictured was among the biggest I "cut" out. The next picture shows my tracks to get to where I was on the left hand side of the picture. It was fun to be up on the slope. I proceeded to try and slide down further down the path (which would be just to the right of the picture) but the powder stopped that. The picture with all of us standing there shows how we were forging into the snow; there was no path before us. I enjoyed swapping the lead with my friend Kurt. Overall, it was a blast!





Comments

Popular Posts