8 hours...worth it!

This past President's Day weekend was quite the roadtrip. My little sister and I left Provo around 3pm and traveled 8 hours to Reno. It was the first time I had seen real salt flats. We traveled with cousin Wayne and his wife Rachel to San Francisco. It was the first time I had been there and Heidi had never been to California and nor seen the Pacific ocean. We went to Chinatown, saw the ocean, went to Pier 39 and enjoyed seeing the Golden Gate Bridge on our way home. On Sunday we went to church and then visited Lake Tahoe. We played games and on the way out Monday saw where my dad went to church. After the car didn't start because it had no gas Monday morning I decided to push it past empty again on the way home for a great roadtrip story. We made it back to Provo around 1Am Tuesday morning.

I did earn my photography merit badge in Scouts. That is a San Fran trolley (moving as well) strategically placed behind me.

Not pictured is another littler Jason who pulled Wayne's hand and led him downstairs to a Chinese place where we had duck among other fine cuisines.

That is Pier 39 and San Fran behind us.

This is a picture of lake Tahoe. It was much bigger than I had imagined.

This is part of the building where my dad went to church. I tried jumping off the rails where he probably did. Fun, but higher than I had expected.

This is the Golden Gate Bridge at night. Wayne says its usually more lit up but O well... you all can probably see that its golden much better than me anyways. Cool bridge though!

Comments

Popular Posts